Re: KDE 3.1.5 Status Update - 20040129

Josh Metzler wrote:
>I propose that the initial upload of KDE 3.2 be made to experimental rather
>than unstable.  Anyonw who is tracking sid ought to be able to figure out how
>to get 3.2 from experimental.

I strongly second this idea.  This way, KDE 3.1.5 can get into sarge *while*
KDE 3.2 is being debugged and tested.  And if sarge takes long enough, KDE
3.2 can go into sid, and probably sarge as well.  ;-)

Upload all versions of kdebase without the lm-sensors dependency while you're
at it -- the lm-sensors problems are unfortunately not gonna be fixed in the
near, or maybe even far, future.

This is akin to XFree86 3.4.0 being uploaded to experimental, but less painful
(because KDE 3.1.5 -> KDE 3.2 isn't as huge a difference as XFree86 4.1 ->
Xfree86 4.3)