Re: KDE 3.1.5 Status Update - 20040129

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:04:23PM -0500, Josh Metzler wrote:
> I propose that the initial upload of KDE 3.2 be made to experimental rather
> than unstable.  Anyonw who is tracking sid ought to be able to figure out how
> to get 3.2 from experimental.  This would allow some initial testing to be
> done on the packages to make sure there aren't intractable bugs that will
> keep them in unstable for months, while also giving 3.1.5 time to make it to
> sarge.

With KDE not even being built on various archs while in sid already,
what makes you think uploading to experimental will help find bugs on
other archs? If you didn't know already experimental isn't built by
buildds at all.  And at the current rate that the buildds are retrying
KDE 3.1.5 it will be months before it goes into sarge as well.

Chris