Re: simplifying & enhancing kde manpages

Achim Bohnet writes:

> My idea now was now to create a kde-options(?) manpage^Wsgml that
> describes the generic kde and qt options (later maybe in more
> detail).  From all other manpages just use a reference to this
> manpage.  If possible one could even create templates in kdelibs-dev
> that are included and allow to change these generic parts of each
> kde manpage at a central place.

> Does this sound reasonable?

It does to me.  It's great that you are going to work on the KDE
program manpages.  Especially for command line utilities like dcop*,
this would be really useful.

> Btw.  is there a script that generates from a --help ouput an sgml
> manpage skeleton?

I wrote a script that generates nroff manpage code directly once.
It's currently in kdesdk/scripts/kdemangen.pl.

cheers
domi