simplifying & enhancing kde manpages

Hi,

looking at the kde man pages I note that the qt and kde standrd options
are more or less listed and described.   Often they hide the actual
funtionality of the program.   There's a good reason for --help-{qt,kde,all}
and not just --help listing everything ;)

My idea now was now to create a
kde-options(?) manpage^Wsgml that describes the generic kde and
qt options (later maybe in more detail).   From all other manpages
just use a reference to this manpage.    If possible one could
even create templates in kdelibs-dev that are included and allow to
change these generic parts of each kde manpage at a central
place.

Does this sound reasonable?

Anyone knows a kde manpage that has a complete or maybe more
in depth description of the standard options?   Otherwise I would
use kde-config.sgml as a start for kde-options.

Btw.  is there a script that generates from a --help ouput an sgml
manpage skeleton?

Achim
                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com