Question about Kmix with ALSA and OSS together

Hello,

I recently noticed a change to Kmix that resulted in an amazing number of new
slider controls.

I use both ALSA (for my primary soundcard) and OSS (for btaudio) in my system.
Prior to this change, I believe Kmix was looking at my OSS mixers (one of
which was actually an ALSA OSS-compatibility thing).

Because of the change to Kmix, I can now only see the real (and giant, but
that's a separate complaint) ALSA mixer.  I no longer have control over the
OSS mixer from Kmix.

Perhaps this bug report/fix is related to the change:

I am wondering, is there any way to get Kmix to support _both_ ALSA and OSS
mixers simultaneously?  From my perspective, the change in functionality is a
bad thing.

Thanks,
Mark Santaniello