Re: KDE 3.1.4 Status Update - 20031020

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 06:11:31AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 05:10:14PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > The current[1] status of KDE in sid is below. Hopefully the buildds will
> > catch up soon then I can upload a new kdelibs. I am not sure if mips is
> > ever going to be in good shape since it appears the buildd admin doesn't
> > care to maintain it...

> I'm not sure that waiting for buildds before uploading new packages is
> really good at this stage. If you're waiting for a particular version of
> kdelibs to upload kdebase, for example, then it would be better just to
> add a versioned build-dep to kdebase.

That's not the problem. the problem is that kdelibs-dev package
depends on exact kdelibs4 version, and the new kdelibs-dev is
binary-all and thus gets into the archive before kdelibs is compiled
on that specific platform.

Personally I think we should just upload all new kde packages and drop
any archs that are inable[1] to get kdelibs compiled in a reasonable
timeframe.

[1] http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=mips&pkg=kdelibs&ver=4:3.1.4-2

--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--