Re: http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/ shows stock web page

Le Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 02:18:28AM +0000, Jelmer Vernooij a écrit :

> https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata mentions that
> there is a draft collector system for debian/upstream/metadata at
> http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/. However, that page just contains
> a stock web page ("It works!").
>
> Do you happen to know who runs the upstream-metadata site?

Dear Jelmer,

I was running the upstream-metadata.debian.net site until 2014, at which
point I realised that I did not have enough programming skills to
sustain this experiment, as I was unable to fix bugs by myself:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2014/06/msg00022.html
I then tried to reimplement it in Haskell but it did not work, and then
changes in my life severely reduced the amount of free time I have for
Debian...

Also, it looks like people were not so interested by the concept of
gathering the upstream/metadata files from the packages VCSes.  My idea
was that some metadata such as homepage etc is volatile and that
it would be great to be able to update it without rebuilding a and
uploading a whole package.  Feel free to pick it and continue the
adventure if you like it !

I have not followed the details recently, but I think that Andreas is
doing a great job gathering the data from unpacked packages and feeding
it to the UDD.

I did not realise that I forgot to remove the debian.net DNS entry.  I
will do it once I am back from business trip (I am away from my GPG
key).  Or if somebody elese could do it for me, that would help.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy                              Akano, Uruma, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med