Re: recutils is marked for autoremoval from testing

On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 12:17:48AM +0200, Sven Wick wrote:
> would you sponsor it another time?

Of course :)

Though it's probably better if next time (starting with the next email,
I'm still keeping it here to publicly ack the mail) we don't bother
debian-qa@ for this, as it has nothing to do with debian-qa ^^

> I uploaded a new package version to mentors
> which closes an old Debian Bug ( #684394 )

So you added Vcs-* fields, which is great!
Let me ask a couple of questions though:
 * how are you using that repository?  There is stray README which makes
   impossible to keep the upstream sources there.  Do you know of gbp?
 * is using your private space on github (as opposed to salsa.d.o -
   private namespace or not doesn't really matter) a deliberate choice?

> This time I build the package without -sa
> because dput mentioned it was not a good idead to upload the orig
> tarball again.

Sure, you don't need -sa if the .orig.tar.* is already known to the
debian archive

> On mentors there are 2 warnings now which weren't there last time
> but they look wrong to me.
>
> 1) No compatibility level set! ( but debian/compat is there and didn't
> change )
>
> 2) Watch file is not present ( well, it is... )

these are very odd indeed, no idea what mentors was thinking when it
processed the package -.-

Given that you are updating the package for what is to be considered a
trivial change, let me ask for some more trivial changes :P
 * HTTPS in d/control's Homepage and copyright (just filed a lintian bug
   to warn about this in the future).
 * there is a new policy version out there
 * shouldn't the years in d/copyright be bumped?
 * lintin is reporting these, please make sure upstream is aware and fix
   them:
   + license-problem-gfdl-non-official-text doc/parse-datetime.texi
   + spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/csv2rec.1.gz ommited omitted

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :