Re: Feedback on Package overview page - Distro tracker

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018, Chirath R wrote:
> > - the action items should be easily accessible at least in the expanded
> >   view, the number of action items by severity would thus be interesting
>
> Can I know what an action item here represents. Is it something like a
> `Newer upstream version`?

Everything that can appear in the "action neede" block on the package
page.

> > - the status wrt what's in the VCS
>
> Status of VCS, as in commits ahead of release version?

Yeah, difference of version compared to the archive, whether the
changelog is marked as UNRELEASED, etc.

> > - the grouping by "status/action needed" makes it easy to find a package
> >   with a specific issue to fix and offers a sort of "process pipeline"
> >   where the package progresses from group to group until's ready for
> >   upload
>
> It would be nice to highlight packages that are added to a grouping
> recently(maybe after last visit). What do you think?

Maybe. Some sort of "last updated" field is definitely a good idea.

> Depending on whether the logged in user is a part of the team we can show
> two different views and add a toggle button just in case if the user wants
> to see the other information as well.

Yeah, possibly.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer