Re: bug template for failing to build twice in a row?

On 13/12/17 at 10:33 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:49:37AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > > would that be something for the reproducible project?
> > Best ask on their mailing lists, but I guess it would significantly
> > increase their resource usage to build three times instead of two.
>
> also: the more problems (unrelated to reproducible builds) we are
> finding, the more we are being distracted from our goal, so this would
> not only be draining on computing ressources, but also on our attention
> span.
>
> (also we currently again have a modified gcc (and 3 other packages)
> when testing unstable…)
>
> archive-wide rebuilds are still useful.

On my side, I have very little time for Debian stuff those days, and got
a bit demotivated lately from doing archive rebuilds after interactions
after my last bunch of bug filing. I do plan to return to doing archive
rebuilds at some point though.

However, regarding "fails to build twice in a row", I'm not sure of the
relevance those days, where it's fairly easy to use e.g. git to return
to a clean state when hacking on packages. Probably the severity of
those bugs should be discussed on -devel@ before doing a MBF.

If there's agreement that such a MBF is a good idea, someone is willing
to do the bug filing work, I can do a rebuild on the AWS ressources and
providing a list of failing packages + logs (that's only a few hours of
work). But I won't file bugs myself (and that's the big part of the
work).

Lucas