Re: intltool-debian need by po-debconf (Debian tools on fedora)

Sérgio Basto:
> [...]
>
> Googling a little
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/198460/rfc822-style-sources-list-yields-e-type-types-is-not-known
>
> https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/issues/297
>
> Note:
> from apt_1.0.9.8_changelog
> http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/a/apt/apt_1.0.9.8_changelog
> last entry about Deb822 is:
>         set APT::Sources::Use-Deb822=false until the format is fully
> finalized [formatting added]
>
> Don't know what more to say ... (is not in use  since apt 0.9.14.3~exp5
> =~ apt (0.9.15)  isn't it ? )

I suspect you are confusing two things.  Deb822 is a generic format
(syntax if you will) that used by multiple tools for different things.
We use it for Packages files, APT's deb822 sources.list format, control
files in deb packages and even for "templates" for debconf.
  I believe intltool-debian's use is related to the debconf templates
and *not* the APT sources list format.

Thanks,
~Niels