Re: intltool-debian need by po-debconf (Debian tools on fedora)

On Qua, 2016-06-15 at 06:05 +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Paul Wise:
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> >

> > > should be removed from Debian and if some package still use it
> > > should
> > > use new intltool instead
> > Unfortunately, at this time there are 3 packages in Debian still
> > depending on it:
> >
> > lintian (core QA tool, equivalent of rpmlint)
> > po-debconf (core i18n tool)
> > localechooser (build-depends) (part of the Debian installer)
> >
> With intltool-debian being (de-facto?) orphaned for up to 10 years, I
> suspect it might be prudent to abandon ship on the Debian-specific
> version of this tool.
>   I appreciate this might be easier said than done.  Especially
> considering I have no idea about what Debian-specific changes we
> applied
> to intltool.
>
> If the description holds and it is "just" the RFC822/Deb822 format,
> maybe we can "just" get that upstreamed and be done with it?

Googling a little

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/198460/rfc822-style-sources-list-yields-e-type-types-is-not-known

https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/issues/297

Note:
from apt_1.0.9.8_changelog
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/a/apt/apt_1.0.9.8_changelog ;
last entry about Deb822 is:
        set APT::Sources::Use-Deb822=false until the format is fully
finalized [formatting added]

Don't know what more to say ... (is not in use  since apt 0.9.14.3~exp5
=~ apt (0.9.15)  isn't it ? )

> Thanks,
> ~Niels

Best regards,