Re: removing xchat

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:

> maybe my usage of xchat was just not advanced enough (only 1 custom
> plugin, 3 networks via a proxy on my vps), but it took me 10, 20 minutes
> tops to migrate 2 weeks ago by doing the steps in
> https://hexchat.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html#how-do-i-migrate-my-settings-from-xchat

That definitely isn't enough to migrate your setup, you also need to:

Move the scrollback files around.

Identify which xchat settings are different to the defaults and then
look up if those settings are still supported, if they have been
renamed or if there are new settings that are semantically similar.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise