Re: darcs.debian.org broken?

hi,

Am Sonntag, den 19.07.2015, 14:43 +0200 schrieb Niels Thykier:
> On 2015-07-19 14:24, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Concrete proposal:
> > VCS-Git: alioth.debian.org:/git/pkg-haskell/DHG_packages.git#p/haskell-foo
> >
> > Where the # separates the subpath from the uri. This way, you can
> > actually paste the whole URL after "git clone", as # starts a bash
> > comment, although that’s a minor point.
> >
> > Greetings
> > Joachim
> >

> Sorry to ruin your proposal, but I do not think it will work:
>
>  $ ls a#b
>  ls: cannot access a#b: No such file or directory
>  $ ls a #b
>  ls: cannot access a: No such file or directory
>
> I.e. I think you need a space before the # to trigger an in-line
> comment.

ah, quite right. Well, it wasn’t a particular important feature of the
proposal, just a way to avoid bike shedding.

Alternative proposal: We already have "-b branch" (which was motivated
by the corresponding flag of git clone). How about "-d dir"?

If git clone is run with it, it simply aborts (that’s fine), and “our”
tools can make use of it.

So we’d have:
VCS-Git: alioth.debian.org:/git/pkg-haskell/DHG_packages.git -d p/haskell-foo

Greetings
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner