Re: darcs.debian.org broken?

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 18.07.2015, 22:08 +0200 schrieb Alexander Wirt:
> On Sat, 18 Jul 2015, James McCoy wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 08:24:51PM +0200, Simon Kainz wrote:
> > > DUCK [1] just informed me, that there are ~750 issues with VCS
> > > -Darcs URLS [2], mosty 404. This seems to be the fact since now 3
> > > days. Please take care of that.
> >
> > This is due to the Darcs repositories being decommissioned[0] and
> > moved
> > to git.
> >
> > [0]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2015/07/msg00060.html
> Yeah, knowing this in advance would helped me not to do a debug
> session on alioth..

sorry.

Maybe the idea of having some data that is only useful if up-to-date
(where the VCS is) inside something that we want to be static (package
metadata) is bad design...

Anyways, we expect to do sourceful uploads of all Haskell packages when
we land GHC-7.10 in Debian, sometime the coming weeks. By that time, we
will update the VCS fields.

Speaking of which: Do you have any good suggestion about what the VCS
-Git field should actually say, given that we have one git repository
with packages in subdirectories?

Greetings,
Joachim

--