Re: darcs.debian.org broken?

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 19.07.2015, 10:09 +0200 schrieb Alexander Wirt:

> > Speaking of which: Do you have any good suggestion about what the VCS
> > -Git field should actually say, given that we have one git repository
> > with packages in subdirectories?
>
> tbh, I wouldn't have done this. I don't see a good solution to make this work
> well, in opposite to svn it is not possible to checkout/address subfolders in
> git.

Well, first of all, the Git-VCS field is just a way to communicate
where the sources are, so the least we can do is to define and use a
suitable format for a "subdirectory" field. It is then up to the
various tools (debcheckout, VCS watch) to make use of it. E.g.
debcheckout could simply tell the user to run "cd .../haskell-foo"
afterwards.

Concrete proposal:
VCS-Git: alioth.debian.org:/git/pkg-haskell/DHG_packages.git#p/haskell-foo

Where the # separates the subpath from the uri. This way, you can
actually paste the whole URL after "git clone", as # starts a bash
comment, although that’s a minor point.

Greetings
Joachim

--