Re: git packaging layouts

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 10:09:48AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > Speaking of which: Do you have any good suggestion about what the VCS
> > -Git field should actually say, given that we have one git repository
> > with packages in subdirectories?
> tbh, I wouldn't have done this. I don't see a good solution to make this work
> well, in opposite to svn it is not possible to checkout/address subfolders in
> git.

There are quite a few tools that will assume that it's one git repository to
one source package.

There are also efforts to standardise the layout of git repositories for
Debian packaging to make life easier for the tools.

http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep14/

Unless you have a good reason, a really good reason, I would prefer that the
git repo was split into multiple packages.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me