Re: no binary without source and no source without binary an Packages and Sources files

On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 00:46 +0200, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Quoting Adam D. Barratt (2014-04-20 21:12:49)
> > $ dpkg-architecture -aarmhf -iany-arm && echo matches || echo does not match
> > matches
>
> Thanks. I'm surprised by this behavior as I dont see a section in policy which
> allows any-arm to match armhf as well. I suppose it with a round trip dpkg does
> through /usr/share/dpkg/triplettable which I can also not see in policy.

11.1.1. Architecture wildcards

     A package may specify an architecture wildcard.  Architecture
     wildcards are in the format `any' (which matches every architecture),
     `<os>'-any, or any-`<cpu>'.  [1]

armhf's CPU type is "arm", as per

$ dpkg-architecture -aarmhf -qDEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU
arm

Regards,

Adam