Re: Huge list of broken Vcs-Svn entries in control files

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > To make sure I'm not missunderstood:  What you call polemic was not
> > addressed at alioth admins.  It was rather that lintian checks something
> > that sounds useless to me and I wonder why we are doing this.
>
> Alioth admins want to move all read-only access on anonscm.debian.org
> which is another host (probably to reduce the load on vasks.debian.org,
> or something similar).

IMO, it would have been much better to move the _write_ access (which is
only used by DDs and alioth guests) to a separate *hierarchy* (**not** to a
single new host, that's far less future-proof), leaving the read-only access
URIs (which is of general interest and therefore documented everywhere
including on thousands of packages' metadata) unchanged.

  Henrique Holschuh