Re: Huge list of broken Vcs-Svn entries in control files

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 07:55:44AM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
> > _BUT_: After changing svn://svn.debian.org/... to
> > svn://anonscm.debian.org/... makes it work again:
>
> See also <http://lintian.debian.org/tags/vcs-field-not-canonical.html>,
> so maintainers should be aware of the problem.

IMHO this is the wrong attitude.  While I tend to respect lintian issues
of severity info you can not at all expect maintainers to just seek long
standing bug free packages for such things and upload packages just
because of this.

And back to this actual issue:  I *totally* fail to see in how far a
package becomes a better user / developer experience just because I
do

  g/^Vcs/s/svn/anonscm/

IMHO requiring this from maintainers is a singularity in my 15 years
Debian experience where a change is totally unmotivated and just drains
developer time for no use at all.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--