Re: Huge list of broken Vcs-Svn entries in control files

Andreas Tille schrieb am Wednesday, den 28. August 2013:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 07:55:44AM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
> > > _BUT_: After changing svn://svn.debian.org/... to
> > > svn://anonscm.debian.org/... makes it work again:
> >
> > See also <http://lintian.debian.org/tags/vcs-field-not-canonical.html>,
> > so maintainers should be aware of the problem.
>
> IMHO this is the wrong attitude.  While I tend to respect lintian issues
> of severity info you can not at all expect maintainers to just seek long
> standing bug free packages for such things and upload packages just
> because of this.
>
> And back to this actual issue:  I *totally* fail to see in how far a
> package becomes a better user / developer experience just because I
> do
>
>   g/^Vcs/s/svn/anonscm/
>
> IMHO requiring this from maintainers is a singularity in my 15 years
> Debian experience where a change is totally unmotivated and just drains
> developer time for no use at all.
Just for the record, this was a bug and is now fixed on alioth.

svn ls svn://svn.debian.org/adduser
 branches/
 tags/
 trunk/

so keep your polemic at home and thank buxy (who brought this topic up on
#alioth) and sgran that fixed it.

Alex
--
Alexander Wirt, formorer@formorer.de
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A