Re: Old bugs filed against *cupsys* packages

On Jo, 16 mai 13, 22:19:12, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:

> Given that I don't see much value in migrating them on the actual cups package
> which is now two 1.x version ahead, I'm rather in favour of closing them with
> a 1.4.4-1 version and a message saying "if you can reproduce this bug on
> Wheezy, please reopen that bug and mark is as found in your version".

I've just closed a first batch of cupsys bugs[1], namely those
containing 'cupsys' in the subject. Before doing that I've reassigned
two wishlist bugs that had patches attached, thinking that there might
be something of value there.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=;include=subject:cupsys

The template message and list with bug numbers is attached.

Kind regards,
Andrei
335483
441196
517747
235204
259059
260238
323806
329657
375309
401082
404763
405514
408106
461111
473981
239375
312011
319571
334794
427617
463752
187011
323901
373757
434277
261179
473198
Version: 1.4.4-1

Hello,

Some (long) time ago you filed this bug against cupsys or a related
package. In the meantime the cupsys package has been renamed to cups and
this bug was "lost". Since it is quite old now it is being closed.

If the issue you encountered is still present in recent cups packages
(as released with Debian 7.0 wheezy for example) the CUPS maintainers
would very much appreciate a fresh report using

    reportbug <package>

(you should also mention the number of this bug if you think it contains
valuable information).

Please note that further information sent to this bug is likely to
remain unread, because the bug is currently not assigned to any existing
package.

Thank you for taking time to report bugs found in Debian packages.

Kind regards,
Andrei (with no relation to CUPS maintenance)