Re: Handling of new bugs filed against inexistent packages

On Vi, 17 mai 13, 13:28:27, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > As you might have noticed today I made myself busy doing some bug triage
> > from the 'unknown-package' bug list[1]
> > [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=
>
> wow, thats still a loooong list. I guess at least with those emacs21/22 and
> tomcat5.5 bugs should be dealt as with cupsys, close & telling them to reopen
> if still exists in wheezy. Same with python2.3 and 2.4 and sunjava5...

Probably, but I would still contact the maintainers before that.

> Then there are 50 wontfix bugs, I'd also close them. (Explaining that they are
> marked wontfix and against an unexisting package - and that they can be
> reopenend and reasigned..
>
> IOW: I'd group them and act on them on mass basis.

Yeah, right... any pointers for the mass part? So far I've only picked
the low hanging fruit (not too many bugs and "packages" familiar to me).
Unfortunately as the "package" names become too diverse tools like bts
and querybts don't help much anymore :(

Kind regards,
Andrei