Re: archive rebuilds

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi!

Hello Lucas,

> First, thanks all for volunteering!

You are very welcome! I look forward to helping out with this task.

I am already subscribed to the debian-qa@ list.

> I'll try to walk you through the tools used to do rebuilds and bug
> filing. There are three big steps.

I would like to thank you for putting so much time into documenting
and training us for this task. I looked over the links you provided in
an earlier email, and I was very impressed with how thorough the
documentation for all of the scripts/tasks was.

> Step 1: Use AWS to run all the tests and generate logs
> Step 2: Scan the logs (that's done automatically), generate list of
>         failures. Also upload the logs to some public place
> Step 3: Look at each failure and submit bugs (that's done
>         semi-automatically)
>
> In that mail, I will address Step 1. Once at least two of you have achieved it,
> I'll move to Step 2.

I'll give Step 1 a try sometime today (once my SSH key gets added).

> There's some documentation (not completely up-to-date) on
> http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/ArchiveTesting
> For Step 1, most of the instructions are in
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-qa/cloud-scripts.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=HEAD
>

> In the context of this "tutorial", your 'mission' is to rebuild all
> packages that take between 100 and 110 seconds to build, and to get the
> build logs for them.
>
> First, I need your SSH key, so that you can connect to AWS.

Please find my public SSH key attached to this message.

> Then, connect to our "master" node on EC2. That node must never be shut
> down. I recommend you add sthing like:
> Host ec2
>         User root
>         Hostname ec2-50-17-69-153.compute-1.amazonaws.com
> to your .ssh/config.
>
> In order to make your life slightly easier (and to reduce a bit the risks in
> case of mistakes :) ), I've already reserved 5 "medium" instances for you. So
> you don't need to do the resources reservation steps of README. The list of
> those nodes is in /root/cloud-scripts/nodes.m1.medium.tutorial.
> It also means that you must run masternode with the --no-halt switch, so that
> nodes are not shut down are the end of the rebuild.
>
> Then, everything happens in /root/cloud-scripts/
>
> Read README, generate a list of tasks, check that you can connect to the
> "builder" nodes, and rebuild those packages. In two of you happen to follow
> that tutorial at the same time, generate a list of tasks with an ID so that log
> names don't conflict.
>
> Please let me know if you have questions (either by mail or on IRC, #debian-qa).
>
> When you are done, take a look around (esp. at masternode and process-tasks),
> and let me know, so that we can move to Step 2.
>
> Lucas

Thanks,
Nathan
£É6ü?
Êû;­
uÈw­˜bec2.pubQ?šÃssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQC9u/4gEyiNPmn1/9hx2Zd+ACZcE8WgZU3uyR6Vc7P0HPYb7tZ8CCkkP36k2PshwdPaT+XVa15S4+1muJ7VJzGawDDcTol35HK7sAefyCu3dYwwYlKTiXJCpfpkIOspY3/gQi/e6h40582pRlk/Hi9s905aJxOnd7AIMJCaRNiECjVdxTxighbWd3fvvRrpexx3Cyt/4rKyUE5nFZAB8wOQRpLl8kWLWb6MdFptPmDdwI4ubNj5DIg2+F4rm8zKBlbG4LxpJNC3X7ZhuXHCXri6uf1KJ5KzSdkWhy6UkELwBJ39akMPHzz/tJRjLreBPXZ7BALBKTvsjIXBAngi/GVL nhandler@kirk
‰Q?šÃ
	Êû;­
uÈw?©?ë¡iŽt]~97A†•€%áÙ!zÄw4`Qƒ®G@”-[ÊÐÛöóèÇdÛÙŽó±RöÇLÅ4ÍÑ¡?!ñø1:E¹Š¼ëB
Áí3´Ó¬Y?’œÁRÂÒ<woÀ¬Uùq)06‚ZŒ$S"wݹ£pé#õ\ÓY\Ð¥í#@°7?°û$M¬AÔ­Žùd~Kj·â‘§æž:€’_Z•¦3úД`)½sÙ¢?Ô±ã×vZ¡‡9o·ˆà¨63"å'KT@c‹W5ÈãÐõ>¤ÉYhB/	ѨÚS÷H™˜äP§^hãg?åÏÞP¼§­b£Ñ˜$€¸êáWJ¸aÃj‹ÞÖŒ?S4>¡t‹Y£a·[~ß?yxüzmÍÝβ‘ ïJ´(ÇOtÝ…O<…sŠ‡<S7b·¸õm´Ío÷¢iŸR±ÔýÝt¾¬­ï%—a.A‰GÕ³ÐÎŽiâËä?áéH4ùÝ•è.“‡Ó €ÉtÕvòoóèH,b0ÖFY¢ð³K ¢¢Øëq{ÏJ?F„;b¦õ•C~_„â6—ë?<#Ãä6À—šûÒ&ãš™{—‰]Oä1LßÆ'Ê­b_5°ƒ|ðqAˆWtWgÒÞÜY ØGµÙÛ`矻ž„c&