archive rebuilds

Hi!

First, thanks all for volunteering!

>From now on, let's use the debian-qa@ list for coordination (so, please
subscribe, if not done already)

I'll try to walk you through the tools used to do rebuilds and bug
filing. There are three big steps.

Step 1: Use AWS to run all the tests and generate logs
Step 2: Scan the logs (that's done automatically), generate list of
        failures. Also upload the logs to some public place
Step 3: Look at each failure and submit bugs (that's done
        semi-automatically)

In that mail, I will address Step 1. Once at least two of you have achieved it,
I'll move to Step 2.

There's some documentation (not completely up-to-date) on
http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/ArchiveTesting
For Step 1, most of the instructions are in
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-qa/cloud-scripts.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=HEAD

In the context of this "tutorial", your 'mission' is to rebuild all
packages that take between 100 and 110 seconds to build, and to get the
build logs for them.

First, I need your SSH key, so that you can connect to AWS.

Then, connect to our "master" node on EC2. That node must never be shut
down. I recommend you add sthing like:
Host ec2
        User root
        Hostname ec2-50-17-69-153.compute-1.amazonaws.com
to your .ssh/config.

In order to make your life slightly easier (and to reduce a bit the risks in
case of mistakes :) ), I've already reserved 5 "medium" instances for you. So
you don't need to do the resources reservation steps of README. The list of
those nodes is in /root/cloud-scripts/nodes.m1.medium.tutorial.
It also means that you must run masternode with the --no-halt switch, so that
nodes are not shut down are the end of the rebuild.

Then, everything happens in /root/cloud-scripts/

Read README, generate a list of tasks, check that you can connect to the
"builder" nodes, and rebuild those packages. In two of you happen to follow
that tutorial at the same time, generate a list of tasks with an ID so that log
names don't conflict.

Please let me know if you have questions (either by mail or on IRC, #debian-qa).

When you are done, take a look around (esp. at masternode and process-tasks),
and let me know, so that we can move to Step 2.

Lucas