[GSoC 2013] Yet another PTS rewrite in Django

Hello,

I've also been working on a GSoC proposal for the rewrite of the PTS. I've just posted it in the wiki:
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/OctaviFont

I haven't finished the project schedule, but I wanted to check with you that we were on the same page feature wise. If there is any part you find lacking or underdeveloped, suggest away!

I also had some concrete questions regarding the subscription management in the new PTS. I have thought that a minimal dashboard where users could subscribe / unsubscribe to packets / tags would be most helpful, but I'd like your input in that regard.

Regarding the SOAP API, how important is it? Shall I offer any kind of legacy support in the rewrite?

I also have some questions regarding the hardware this PTS would be deployed on. Which kind of machine is it? How much ram? Also, what is the whole size of the rendered pages now? And how many pageviews are we talking about?

I think those questions might help me in the scalability assessment of the proposal.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Octavi Font