Re: [UDD] Why is ddtp job disabled?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:14:55AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> > If I'm not totally wrong (did not checked) I answered that ddtp is *not*
> > something like "my toy" any more but became an evident part of UDD because
> > of the English descriptions.
> >
> > I do not feel responsible at all for ddtp-ubuntu and I can confirm that
> > it does not yet work because trying to download files to
> >
> >    /org/mirrors/ubuntu.com/ftp/dists
> >
> > I could try to fix this if I find some spare cycles - please ping me if
> > there is nobody else who feels responsible.
>
> Well, if you only care about "your toys" and I need to care for all of
> your toys that you are not interested in anymore, I think we have a
> problem.

I just pronounced in my response to your mail quoted above[1] that I do
not feel responsible for ddtp-ubuntu and I might like to back up this by
the fact that I do not know enough about the translations inside Ubuntu
to do a reliable job.  From my perspective it is sufficient if anybody
cares for the stuff he has introduced and if for whatever reason it is
not possible we need to actively seek a volunteer.  Assuming that
somebody might care because it sounds similar (like ddtp and
ddtp-ubuntu) is probably not the right approach.

> So yes, it would be nice if you could look into fixing ubuntu-ddtp.

OK, I'll fix the config file tonight and will report if some other
problem might become obvious and I feel unable to fix this.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2012/06/msg00118.html

--