Re: packages needing a new maintainer related to your packages

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 02:15:34PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Bart Martens wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 04:24:43PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> >> and maybe add something to DeveloperNews.
>
> Added a general QA section, if anyone has any other changes I missed,
> please add them:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews#Recent_changes_on_the_Debian_QA_front

Looks OK to me.  The part "direct dependencies" is quite accurate, and makes me
wonder whether I should check how many additional messages would appear if I
would include indirect dependencies.

> > In case you mean to enhance wnpp-alert in devscripts, you could use
> > depneedsmaint.txt as a data source, now published here (symlink):
> > http://qa.debian.org/depneedsmaint/depneedsmaint.txt
>
> Interesting idea, but I guess most folks use wnpp-alert without
> arguments so I'm not sure how useful that would be.

Well, you did mention wnpp-alert in this context. :-)

Regards,

Bart Martens