Re: meaning of O and RFA (was: Re: Hijacking^W^W^W^W^W^WSalvaging packages for fun and profit: A proposal)

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 06:00:03PM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 07:47:54PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > * Arno Töll <arno@debian.org>, 2012-09-28, 18:48:
> > >Packages being marked as orphaned, or those being up for adoption
> > >can be immediately taken over.

> > If a package is RFA-ed (as opposed to O-ed), the maintainer retains
> > all the usual privileges, including the right to decide who will
> > take over the package (if anyone).

> > (Or least that how I understand how RFA is supposed to work. Please
> > correct me if I've been wrong all the time.)

> How I understand O and RFA : O means that the package has no maintainer
> anymore.  RFA means that the maintainer still maintains the package but
> requests someone to take over.  Anyone can retitle the O or RFA to ITA and
> adopt the package.

Nack.  I'm with Jakub on this one - RFA means that the maintainer would like
it known that they want to hand it off, but they are still maintaining it
and should have a say in who they hand it off to as the next maintainer.

That's always been part of the distinction between RFA and O packages.