meaning of O and RFA (was: Re: Hijacking^W^W^W^W^W^WSalvaging packages for fun and profit: A proposal)

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 07:47:54PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Arno Töll <arno@debian.org>, 2012-09-28, 18:48:
> >Packages being marked as orphaned, or those being up for adoption
> >can be immediately taken over.
>
> If a package is RFA-ed (as opposed to O-ed), the maintainer retains
> all the usual privileges, including the right to decide who will
> take over the package (if anyone).
>
> (Or least that how I understand how RFA is supposed to work. Please
> correct me if I've been wrong all the time.)

How I understand O and RFA : O means that the package has no maintainer
anymore.  RFA means that the maintainer still maintains the package but
requests someone to take over.  Anyone can retitle the O or RFA to ITA and
adopt the package.

Regards,

Bart Martens