[UDD] Volunteer to fix packages_gatherer.py (Was: Description-less packages file)

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 10:34:36AM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > It possibly breaks stuff.  Like tasksel[1].  Sadly there are many
> > implicit assumptions in a release, hence we're not switching on any
> > new features in Packages/Sources/Contents post-release.
>
> One recent example of stable-related collateral damage is the addition
> of InRelease files. And even that shouldn't have happened©®™ given
> squeeze was supposed not to be affected! We ended up having to perform
> stable updates to cope with it.

So this boils down to: No Description-md5 field in all Packages files.
Any volunteer to fix the importer to calculate it for injection into
UDD, because the plan was to rely on this feature?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de