Re: Q & A work?

Dean Loros <debianmainuser@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings all!!

Greetings

> Finally left Ubuntu (was a Alpha tester for the last 5 years--had a very bad
> experience with one of the developers about the Unity interface) & have
> moved to Linux Mint Debian Edition--I liked the rolling release idea & have
> wanted to move to main Debian for a couple of years now. I would like to
> help with testing.

One idea for testing is to install and regularly use and update a Debian
unstable. It will break sometime (but rarely enough) but you will catch
some bug before they hit testing, and if you report them, they will
won't hit testing and will (probably) be solved.

Note that before doing this you need some way to recover when something
went too bad (it happen really, really rarely, but it will). And you
need some knowledge of internal working of Debian (that will be very
similar to the same for Ubuntu)
--
Rémi Vanicat