Re: The future of htdig.

On 2011-04-05, Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
> To me this package is all about a database cluster and its services.
> I do not use KDE, so I will not be targeting that particular application
> for the package 'htdig' as a primary goal. Should this tie be a top priority
> for the Debian project, then tell me so and I will leave the package in its
> present state.

The top priority I think must be to make sure that people can use htdig
for what they want.

Currently, I guess 90% of the htdig installs is by users of KDE
software, so this is a userbase that you will *also* have to care for.

KDE Apps uses khelpcenter to present their documentation, and
khelpcenter uses htdig to make the documentation searchable
(documentation is docbook)

For testing khelpcenter, go to khelpcenter > search options and click
rebuild index. In same tab, make sure that Application Manuals is
checked in the scope field , and do a search or two.  (if I remember the
process correctly)

/Sune