Re: Some questions about NMUing a package for the QA team

Hello,

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> 1) Some bugs, like [1], needs a maintainer decision. I, for this case, would
> like to add the patch. Now, is this expected from an NMU from the QA team?

A QA upload is not an NMU. In fact in your first upload you should change
the maintainer to "Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>".

And yes you can add a patch, and even update to a new upstream version if
you want.

> 2) Suppose the package needs lots of modifications, and to make things easier
> for me, I decide to switch the packaging to, let's say, dh7. Once again, is
> this aceptable to the QA team?

Yes, you can certainly update the packaging. It's good to stick to the
most widely used packaging helpers... switching to yada or not using
helpers would be counter-productive in the context of the QA team.

> 3) I am just a DM, so I have limited upload rights. Are there people in this
> team wanting to review/sponsor QA-related NMUs? It would be a deception to
> find out that it's as difficult as getting a sponsor for one's own packages
> :-/ (not my case, thanks **very much** to Ana, but I did some tries with the
> "normal approach" failing miserably :-/ )

There are some people who can sponsor, you might have to prod us a bit
(maybe on #debian-qa on IRC) but you should be able to find someone.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)