Re: binary -> source mapping file from the BTS

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Don Armstrong wrote:
> It would be ideal if dak could provide it, but I'm not sure if dak has
> the historical data required to generate that file.
>
> Basically, it's just a mapping of the (binary,arch,version) triple to
> the (source,version) double for all packages debian has distributed in
> a very long time. [That's what the BTS needs.]
>
> I'm not sure exactly what qa.debian.org needs, but I'm assuming it's
> similar to what the BTS requires.

My needs are rather limited. I want a list of binary package names
generated by a given source package: it's used to aggregate some stats
that we have by binary packages (gift bugs, help bugs, BTS stats on the
right). It's also used to map a description per binary package to the
corresponding source package entry.

I want a mapping "binary package name -> source package generating it"
so that people who type http://packages.qa.debian.org/libc6 get redirected
to http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/eglibc.html

I don't care about versions, I just want the current sid/experimental
information. I don't care about the arch of a given package but I want to
see all binary packages generated on all arches.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)