Re: [poll] Ubuntu column on DDPO visible by default?

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> P.S.: IOW: why should the _Debian_ PTS care about a single, derivative and
> highlight that in its PTS? (By default, for all users. Having that column on
> demand is a nice thing for those who care. But enabling it for all and by
> default is IMO a marketing desaster, also for internal "marketing" and
> motivation....)

It would be great if more derivatives would publish links to their
patches and bug trackers.

Does DebianEdu have a separate bug tracker and auto-generate patches
against Debian packages?

During the derivatives BoF at DebConf I asked the other two
represented derivatives (Webconverger, grml) if they could do the
same, but they either didn't have a bug tracker or always file bugs in
our bug tracker as appropriate and they are both livecd distros so
their derivativeness is about package selection.

I'd personally like to see non-Debian-derived distros linked from PTS
pages too, currently I resort to using whohas for finding patches and
bugs for my packages in those.

--
bye,
pabs