Re: retitling old ITA/ITP bugs to O/RFP

On 30/05/10 at 14:07 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Lucas Nussbaum 2010-05-26 <[🔎] 20100526061354.GB9591@xanadu.blop.info>
> > > Maybe just reverting to prior state : if RFP before ITP, then revert to
> > > RFP, otherwise, if direct ITP, then close ...
> >
> > That would indeed be the solution that makes the most sense. The problem
> > is that "prior state" might be quite hard to determine.
>
> Don't you need that anyway for determining if an ITA was an O or RFA?
>
> Re RFPs, inactive RFPs could just be handled the same. (After retitling
> from ITP to RFP, close it after N months of inactivity further.)

I currently ignore that problem since all the bugs I have retitled where
ITAed for a long time, and it's therefore very much possible that the
original maintainer would have stopped caring about the package, since
it was supposed to be adopted anyway.

Since I don't really plan to reduce the inactivity requirement a lot, I
don't think that this will become a too big problem. But patches are
welcomed ;)