Re: retitling old ITA/ITP bugs to O/RFP

Le Tue, May 25, 2010 at 09:58:37AM +0200, Xavier Oswald a écrit :
> On 08:44 Tue 25 May     , Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:37:45PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > >
> > >  - I think that it is better to close ITPs instead or retitling them RFPs,
> > >    otherwise we will perhaps accumulate a large number of inactive RFPs.
> >
> > I don't see a problem with that. Quite on the contrary, "loosing" info
> > gathered during a failed packaging attempt could lead to double (wasted)
> > work. So, I'd vote for retitling.
>
> +1

Hi again,

I do not have a strong opinion on the subject (since I never browse the RFP
bugs), but I suggest to take the following threads and messages into account
before making a final decision:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/06/msg00299.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/09/msg00014.html

(There may be more that I have not uncovered)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles