Is RFP useful anymore?

The WNPP page[1] lists about a thousand requests for packages. Do these
RFP bugs serve any purpose these days? We have freshmeat, gnomefiles,
and other places where to look for new stuff to package.

The average age of requests on that page about 200 days, median is over
600. If no-one has reacted to a request in a year, what's the likelyhood
that they will do so ever? Having loads of RFP bugs doesn't really help
anyone and it makes the WNPP pages unnecessarily long.

I would like to suggest that we at least close RFP bugs older than 365
days. I couldn't think of an easy way to find numbers on how many RFP
bugs get retitled to ITP, so I won't suggest we stop using RFPs at all.

Does anyone oppose the 365 day maximum age for RFP bugs?

[1] http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/wnpp/requested