Re: Prototype script to determine last commit and last upload.

Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:53:16AM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> Ah, yes, the all-mighty UDD.
>>
>> If UDD is cable of even reporting people inside the [ $name ]-tags, then
>> this script has nothing new to offer. Although that does not seem to be
>> the case based on that query. Perhaps we could make that data available
>> in UDD?
>
> right now upload-history (the script behind the UDD table, data is at
> http://qa.debian.org/~filippo/ddc/debian-devel-changes.201004 ) parses
> debian-devel-changes so in theory it can be done by looking at Changes:
> (though it is going to be more fragile I'm afraid).

Yes, that could work. In fact I think that could be a good way of
getting the information. Depending on the current parsing method, it may
actually be trivial to integrate the []-parsing (I haven't seen the
source of upload-history).
  Though the [] (usually) only holds the name of the change; will the
other parts behave sanely in the absence of an email?

> Also it seems to me that the upload-history table is really package-centric
> rather than people-centric, however multiple people can be rendered for
> example with multiple Changed-By: fields
>
> my two cents,
> filippo

Perhaps we should add a new field to avoid breaking existing parsers[1]
(if any) and just "dump" the names as a comma separated list?

~Niels

[1] Assuming the parsers happily ignore unknown fields.