Re: Normalising UDD to some extend?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

Having a big single table might be a performance win compared to several
shorter tables that you would often need to join.

Yes - I kept this in mind but wanted t hear your opinion about this.

Also, during import, for each package, you would need to compare if the
already stored description matches the one being inserted.

DDTP stores MD5 hashes to solve this.

Btw, the following packages have different descriptions or long
descriptions on different arches:
default-jdk
default-jre
default-jre-headless
gedit-plugins
libxenomai1
nvidia-kernel-2.6.26-1-amd64
openjdk-6-jre
openjdk-6-jre-headless
qvwm (only alpha different from others, apparently)

So probably my suggestion becomes voud as well.

Thanks for clarifying this

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de