Re: Normalising UDD to some extend?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

Well, Depends: can obviously change between architectures. And there's
no reason why other fields wouldn't be different as well, since control
files are generated on a per-arch basis during the build process.

OK, I'm definitely convinced in this aspect. ;-)
The main point I was worrying about were actually description and
long_description which make a big part of the data.  Do you think
it makes sense to try some normalisation here (because I fail to
see a reason why it should be arch dependant)?

Yeah, but dpkg/apt were wrong before UDD!

$ apt-cache showsrc 9base |grep Arch
Architecture: alpha amd64 arm armeb armel hppa hurd-i386 i386 m68k mips
mipsel powerpc s390 sparc kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386

:-)

:-)

Kind regards

     Andreas.