Re: Removing orphaned packages from testing

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 09:01:57AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I don't like the idea of transferring the burden of determining
> whether an orphaned package should be removed from testing to the
> release team.  The QA team should at least suggest a possible
> action, to make the release team's life easier.

Fair enough, but this is not in contrast with the RC bugs +
usertag-ing proposal. Actually, such a proposal will be exactly in the
spirit of the QA team suggesting the removal to the release team, by
the mean of RC bugs.

Also, you will get the added "benefit" of starting inhibit, starting
from today, testing migrations for orphaned packages (which in turn
has the possibility of increasing the interest of maintainers of
reverse-dependencies in adopting orphaned packages).

Cheers.