Re: Removing orphaned packages from testing

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:43:07AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Isn't this equivalent to stating that being unmaintained is a
> release critical bug in a package?  And if it is, would it not be
> better to just register new RC bugs to document the fact, and allow
> those interested in those packages a place to add their comments
> about it?

I agree with this approach.

Also, if we tag those bugs appropriately (for example using an
"orphaned" usertag of the QA user), we can also provide an easy way
for the release team to decide what to do in batch about all those RC
bugs, with no need for "affect".

Cheers.