Re: Time for a new maintainer for Auctex?

AT> Your arguing actually was:

DGMS> ... you can start by studying how the software
DGMS> is packaged and of course you are welcome to send in patches.

AT> as a response to a patch which was provided inside #539749.  I'd
AT> call this weak arguing (at best).

Then I suppose my English is not up to yours, as I still fail to
understand how that paragraph above of mine can qualify as "arguing".

My intent was to suggest a potential helper how to help best; I'm sorry
if that was misunderstood by you and/or maybe others.  I hope this
comment clarifies my sentences.

AT> The problem does not qualify for a NMU and you leave potential
AT> helpers completely unclear about your intentions.

I already stated that I intend to keep maintaining the package.  Why do
you say that "(I) leave potential helpers completely unclear about (my)
intentions"?  If you are looking for a timeline, I'm sorry, but I don't
feel like promising.  I'd rather work on it and upload it when I'm
ready.

AT> So I'm forced to find a private solution if I do not want to
AT> conflict to our social standards.

I can't parse the meaning of this sentence.  If you're saying that you
need some sort of official blessing to have the problem "qualify for a
NMU", you have mine.  If you're saying that you would rather to have
myself working on the issue, then please wait.  If you mean something
other, sorry, I do not understand.

AT> Well, if I would be inactive and realise that I'm a blocker of a
AT> package I would say sorry to my fellow developers for doing so and
AT> enable them to change the status.

I do not see how I am blocking any package.  You need not to maintain a
package to help packaging, nor do you need it to upload it.

AT> debian/control says:
AT> Maintainer: Davide G. M. Salvetti <salve@debian.org>
AT> Uploaders: OHURA Makoto <ohura@debian.org>

AT> but the changelog has not a single upload of OHURA Makoto
AT> <ohura@debian.org>.  So what exactly are you talking about?

I'm sorry, it's you who talked about comaintaining.

AT> A good example for a team maintenance is the
AT> Debian TeX Maintainers <debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org>

I feel you're talking about very different packaging needs.

--
Ciao, Davide