Re: piuparts PTS integration

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:07:48PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> http://piuparts.debian.org is more or less back, (a bit polishing is
> still on my todo before I'm comfortable announcing it on d-d-a) and
> I'm wondering how to do the PTS integration.

Actually, the PTS side should be already working since about one
year. I implemented it after we discussed the API. The URL that
currently the PTS tries to download is
http://piuparts.debian.org/results-per-source.txt (so yes, *source*
packages here).

Then, for each matching packages which reports a failure an "issue"
(central area, just above the news feed) will be added with the
following text (bare with me with XSLT tags):

  <xsl:text>A </xsl:text> <a href="http://piuparts.debian.org/source/{$package}/latest";>recent run</a>
  <xsl:text> of </xsl:text>
  You should fix it.</xsl:text>

I don't understand all the fuss about adding it in the PTS: it is
completely orthogonal to reporting the corresponding RC bug. Then, we
can decide how "strong" can be the way the PTS show the info.

If there are really a lot of potential false positive, I concur that
the current way is too strong. Then we can just show the link, as we
show lintian links: if there is some failure the link will be there,
otherwise it will not be.

Would that satisfy everybody?

Cheers.