Re: piuparts PTS integration

On 17/03/09 at 15:51 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I don't understand all the fuss about adding it in the PTS: it is
> completely orthogonal to reporting the corresponding RC bug. Then, we
> can decide how "strong" can be the way the PTS show the info.
>
> If there are really a lot of potential false positive, I concur that
> the current way is too strong. Then we can just show the link, as we
> show lintian links: if there is some failure the link will be there,
> otherwise it will not be.
>
> Would that satisfy everybody?

I'm mainly concerned about the fact that if it mostly reports false
positives, people will just ignore it, and it will be a missed
opportunity. That's why I'd like it to be confirmed that the rate of
false positives is more like 5% or 10% than like 90% or 95%, before a
link is added on the PTS. In my experience, it was more like 95%,
especially for upgrade tests.