Re: Semantics of objects in UDD : seeking more standardization, interoperability ?
On 20/02/09 at 16:10 +0100, Olivier Berger wrote:
> > I've just made dumps of the DB available (see http://udd.debian.org/),
> > so you could use that if you want to work on an offline copy.
> Great. Will try to have a look at that.
> Btw, until then, the database was only accessible to somehow trusted
> users of Debian machines if I'm not mistaken... now that dumps are
> public, I'm afraid of the issues of personal data that we've discussed
> such dumps ?
> In any case, I'll pass the word to fellow researchers at FLOSSMETRICS
> for instance, that may be interested.
The problem is twofold.
1) the legal part: are we legally allowed to build such a database? I'm
not sure which local law applies here (finland's?), but in france, such
a database would probably need to be declared at CNIL.
2) the moral part: should we secure some of the information (mostly, the
personal informations) that we provide?
Regarding packages and sources, I don't think so: the information is
already easily available in the respective files.
Regarding bugs, I don't think it's worth obfuscating yet, because:
- we only have information about bug reporters and closers.
- both reporters and closers are probably well aware that their identity
will be published somewhere
- digging in a 250-MB SQL dump isn't much easier than wgetting each bug
| Lucas Nussbaum
| firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: email@example.com GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |