Re: Semantics of objects in UDD : seeking more standardization, interoperability ?

Le vendredi 13 février 2009 à 09:51 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> I obviously don't object to UDD being used for that.

Great ;)

> How would you like
> to proceed? Would it be enough to add VIEWs to the DB to map Debian
> data
> to standard ontologies?

That might be an option somehow.

Also there are tools like D2R
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/d2r-server/ that might as well do
the trick... but I haven't checked more that reading its homepage for
the moment.

> I've just made dumps of the DB available (see http://udd.debian.org/),
> so you could use that if you want to work on an offline copy.

Great. Will try to have a look at that.

Btw, until then, the database was only accessible to somehow trusted
users of Debian machines if I'm not mistaken... now that dumps are
public, I'm afraid of the issues of personal data that we've discussed
at the FOSDEM. Maybe some terms of use should be explicitely stated for
such dumps ?

In any case, I'll pass the word to fellow researchers at FLOSSMETRICS
for instance, that may be interested.

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>