Re: Severity of "should this package be orphaned/removed" bugs

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

>> PROP_RM bugs could be RC severity, but if so I would remove the
>> mentioning of orphaning in the template so it's clear for everyone that
>> it should not be used lightly and strong arguments are needed for
>> orphaning instead of removal...
>
> I would personally prefer to keep the mentioning of orphaning in the
> template, because it allows for a "way out" of the problem that should
> be mentioned. A maintainer might agree to orphan a package, but disagree
> to take the decision to remove it.

Either it should have been PROP_O or strong arguments should be given
IMHO like I said above... Just telling that if the maintainer doesn't
agree they can orphan without mentioning any arguments not to remove is
not the way to go for PROP_RM IMHO...

Cheers

Luk